Southeastern Guide Dogs provides the opportunity for unpaid career and college internships at our Palmetto, FL campus. Our internships are designed to create personalized learning experiences in the areas of non-profit management, animal care, veterinary services, human services, genetics, marketing and development.
Please note that applications for internships are accepted year-round however the following minimum requirements are in effect:
- High School Graduate or College student with independent transportation to our Palmetto campus.
- Able to bend, sit and stand for at least 30 minutes at a time.
- Able to lift up to 40lbs unassisted.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week for a minimum of 6 weeks.
- Able to work weekends and holidays.
It is often financially impractical for non-local residents to apply for internship experiences unless they are able to secure nearby lodging. Unfortunately we are unable to provide accommodation or assistance in locating accommodation for interns.
Click here for information on our new Veterinary Technician Internship Program
Completed applications should be emailed to Samantha Hernandez