World-class dogs, top training, comfortable accommodations, and generous alumni benefits.
We believe our culture of excellence propels us to be our best so our graduates can be their best. Our students and alumni deserve our utmost efforts to change the world, one dog at a time.
Why choose us?
Watch these videos to find out why Southeastern Guide Dogs is an excellent choice.
WHY CHOOSE US FOR A GUIDE DOG?
For people with vision loss, choosing a guide dog school is a life-altering decision. We want people to overcome fear, realize what’s possible, and imagine a beautiful dog with a wagging tail guiding them to independence.
WHY CHOOSE US FOR A SERVICE DOG?
It takes courage to serve in our nation’s armed forces—and even more to ask for help dealing with hidden wounds like PTSD. If you, or any veteran you know is fighting a battle that just can’t seem to be won, a service dog can help.
Why choose us? We provide our students with world-class dogs, top training, and beautiful, comfortable accommodations. We operate the most advanced training facilities of any service dog organization in the world, and offer the most robust alumni support program in North America. We create elite working dogs and provide life-changing services for people with vision loss, veterans with disabilities, and children with significant challenges such as vision loss or the loss of a parent in the military. Because of our deep and heartfelt commitment to our students and alumni, our vision is to be the best service dog school in the world. And we’re working hard to create the best dogs in the world—just for you.
Here’s what you can expect:
- • Our cutting-edge genetics and reproduction practices create healthier, smarter dogs with hearts of gold.
- • Our innovative early education and puppy-raising protocols create dogs that love people and love to learn.
- • Our pioneering training practices, certified by the two most prestigious international accreditation bodies, create focused, highly-trained, well-behaved dogs that are ready to work.
- • Our culture is one of excellence, caring, and kindness, and we treat our students with respect and friendliness.
- • Our Student Center and its private rooms, personal terraces, and beautiful, comfortable accommodations create a warm and welcoming environment to live and learn. Our students rave about our chefs’ cooking, too.
- • Our alumni support program is second to none. For our active guide and service dogs, we offer phone support, in-home follow-up from trainers, as well as dog food, monthly preventatives, and annual veterinary visits—all at no cost to our alumni.
Ready to join us?