Come experience darkness in a whole new light
Update, August 2021: Due to the recent increase in cases of COVID-19 across Florida, as a precautionary measure we have canceled our upcoming Beyond the Dark presentations. We’re disappointed, too, and we look forward to the day when we can open reservations once again.
Our extraordinary dogs transform lives. Beyond the Dark invites you to experience this transformation and connect with our mission. You’ll engage your senses while immersing in the challenges of people with vision loss and veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder and other disabilities. And your attendance provides mission-critical support for our dogs and the people who need them.
You’ll meet graduates of our programs and hear their triumphant stories. You’ll witness our highly trained guide dogs and service dogs at work, and see the powerful difference they make. And you’ll come away with a greater connection to the human-dog teams who journey beyond the dark.
Your $20 reservation fee directly supports the mission of Southeastern Guide Dogs. Reserve your spot today using the calendar below, and invite a friend to sign up, too.
Things to Know Before You Go:
- ● Masks are optional at this event.
- ● Doors open at 9:45 a.m. and our program begins promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- ● Without revealing our surprises, be prepared to engage your senses and try on a blindfold.
- ● Because of the sensory and emotional nature of the program, Beyond the Dark is not recommended for young children or pre-teens.
- ● Trigger warning—for veterans and others with PTSD, be aware that Beyond the Dark includes an audio presentation reminiscent of combat scenes.