Canine Concierge Intro Meeting
May 19, 2023
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Date: Friday, May 19th
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82335813255?pwd=THJjSmJLQ1MrWVEyL0RuKys1WTlKdz09
- Meeting ID: 823 3581 3255
- Passcode: guidedogs
Who’s Invited: All volunteers who have successfully completed over 25 hours of service working with our “big dogs” at Canine University, the Canine Assessment Center, the Vet Center, and/or the Canine Fitness Center.
Description: Are you interested in becoming a “Canine Concierge” and working directly with our guide and service dog instructors while they train our dogs off-campus? Please join us at our virtual “Canine Concierge” orientation meeting this Friday, May 19th, at 12:00 pm to learn more about this role and see if it is a good fit for you.
Here are some details for your consideration:
- Our guide and service dog instructors start off-campus training when they are confident our dogs have mastered our on-campus exercises.
- Off-campus training is conducted at various locations in the Tampa Bay area, including neighborhoods in Bradenton, the UTC Mall in Sarasota, the St. Pete Pier, and downtown Tampa.
- During Canine Concierge shifts, volunteers are responsible for meeting our instructors at the designated training locations and supervising the dogs in our training vans when they are not in active training.
- This includes providing the dogs with regular bathroom breaks and downtime, as well as interacting with the public who are curious about our eye-catching vans and want to learn more about Southeastern Guide Dogs.
Unlike our roles on campus, where volunteers are assigned regular, recurring shifts, Canine Concierge volunteers have access to our instructors’ master calendar on Volgistics. This allows them to browse through upcoming training locations and sign up for shifts at their convenience. (Please note, these shifts are typically longer, generally lasting between 3-5 hours.)
Once we confirm that this role is the right fit for you, you will be assigned this role in Volgistics and you’ll be able to pick up open shifts as you please. We look forward to potentially welcoming you to our Canine Concierge team!