Take A Tour: Behind Closed Doors
Visitors to our campus can enjoy our guided walking tour, an informational rain-or-shine activity providing an in-depth overview of our state-of-the-art facilities and a peek at what happens behind closed doors.
Participants will begin the tour by gathering at our Student Center then heading down our Nature Trail, past our under-construction Canine University, and on to our Puppy Academy. Here, guests might see a mom and her new puppies and glimpse puppies at play* from our Kindergarten class. You’ll learn all about what goes on in our Puppy Academy, from genetics and reproduction to puppy kindergarten graduation. After a stop in our Veterinary Center, the tour returns to our Student Center where people with vision loss and veterans with disabilities live for several weeks while learning to navigate with their new dogs.
All along the tour, your experienced guide will share about our mission and the two-year process of breeding, raising, and training our extraordinary guide and service dogs. You’ll leave with a smile and a greater appreciation for the magnitude of the “magic” happening at Southeastern Guide Dogs.
Tours are limited to a maximum of 10 guests. (For your larger group, we recommend our Creation of a Superhero activity.) Your $15 reservation fee supports our mission and reserves your spot. Sign up today!
***Please park in the main parking lot and meet in the lobby of the Student Center before your tour begins.***
Know before you go:
- Walking tour – wear comfortable shoes as this tour spans a distance equal to a few blocks. Note: Those with mobility limitations should consider signing up for our Creation of a Superhero activity, where we bring the dogs to you!
- Tours will be cancelled due to inclement weather. If you have questions about whether your tour will happen or not, please reach out to Lissette Deza at 941-479-6611.
- Recommended for children ages six and older.
- Please note that guests may not hold or play with puppies on this tour. This enjoyable tour is not a hands-on dog experience but rather a broad overview of our facilities.
- At the conclusion of the tour, guests can visit our Gift Shop for pet-friendly products and souvenirs.