Take A Tour: Behind Closed Doors
Visitors to our campus can enjoy our guided walking tour, an informational activity providing an in-depth overview of our state-of-the-art facilities and a peek at what happens behind closed doors.
Participants will begin the tour by gathering at our Puppy Academy. You’ll learn all about what goes on in our Puppy Academy, from genetics and reproduction to puppy kindergarten graduation. After learning about our Veterinary Center, the tour leads to our Canine University Residence Halls and Training Center, where our dogs live and learn in state-of-the-art facilities under top-notch care. The last stop on the tour brings guests to our Student Center, where people with vision loss and veterans with disabilities live for several weeks while learning to navigate with their new dogs, before finishing at our Gift Shop, located in the Puppy Academy.
All along the tour, your experienced guide will share about our mission and the two-year process of breeding, raising, and training our extraordinary guide and service dogs. You’ll leave with a smile and a greater appreciation for the magnitude of the “magic” happening at Southeastern Guide Dogs.
Tours are limited to a maximum of 9 guests. (For your larger group, we recommend our Creation of a Superhero activity.) Your $15 reservation fee supports our mission and reserves your spot. Sign up today!
***Please park in the parking lot at the west end of campus by the Puppy Academy, and meet in the lobby of the Puppy Academy for your tour.***
Know before you go:
- Walking tour – wear comfortable shoes as this tour spans a distance equal to a few blocks. Note: Those with mobility limitations should consider signing up for our Beyond the Dark activity, where we bring the dogs to you!
- Tours will be cancelled due to inclement weather. If you have questions about whether your tour will happen or not, please reach out to our staff at 941-729-5665.
- Recommended for children ages six and older.
- Please note that guests may not hold or play with puppies on this tour. This enjoyable tour is not a hands-on dog experience but rather a broad overview of our facilities.
- Please be aware that while service dogs are welcome on our campus and in our Student Center, no personal dogs (including guide and service dogs) are permitted within any of our other buildings housing our puppies or dogs-in-training. Our puppies are too young to be fully vaccinated yet, and personal dogs may inadvertently spread viruses and illness. Even our own students and alumni do not bring their dogs into our puppy areas. Thanks for your understanding.
- At the conclusion of the tour, guests can visit our Gift Shop for pet-friendly products and souvenirs.