Make a Difference Every Day
When you arrive at work every day knowing that your work matters, that’s a good day. When you’re having a tough day and you hug a puppy, that’s a good day. And when you see how your career impacts a life forever, that’s a really good day.
Welcome to Southeastern Guide Dogs!
How can YOU make an impact?
Explore our different service areas to learn about career opportunities and search for current openings that align with your interests and talents.
Our puppies are learning and growing. We take care of our youngest superheroes from birth to ten weeks.
We care for our superhero guide and service dogs-in-training as they live and learn on our campus. We love dogs!
At our full service, state-of-the-art campus veterinary center, we keep our dogs healthy and well on their pathway to working careers.
Student & Graduate Services
We help people with visual impairments and veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other disabilities begin as applicants, live and learn here as students, and graduate as part of our family.
Through our culinary and housekeeping, we give our students and staff the gift of delicious meals and a clean, welcoming environment to live and work.
We work behind the scenes handling human resources, volunteer services, IT, and finance, keeping our eyes on the greater mission: transforming lives.
Marketing & Philanthropy
We spread the good news of our life-changing dogs and the people who need them, publicly (marketing) and through one-on-one relationships (philanthropy).
Building & Grounds
Our 33-acre campus, training facilities, and grounds look amazing, and we work hard to keep it that way.
Why Southeastern Guide Dogs?
When you join the Southeastern Guide Dogs team, you’ll join the 150+ employees making a genuine difference in the lives of our visually impaired students, graduates, and veterans. We operate the most advanced training facilities of any service dog organization in the world. We create elite working dogs and provide life-changing services for people with vision loss, veterans with disabilities, and children with significant challenges such as vision loss or the loss of a parent in the military.
You’ll also enjoy these added benefits:
- The organization contributes to a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Employees may also contribute to a retirement plan.
- Our full-time employees enjoy a competitive paid time off (PTO) package, including PTO, holidays, and your birthday.
- Our culinary staff provides lunch 5 days a week for staff.
- We are a dog-friendly workplace, and upon approval, many staff members bring personal dogs to work.
What people are saying...
“Our students and veterans have seen some tough times, and then they come here and meet their new dogs. And suddenly they’re smiling again, and they’re able to find comfort and peace, not to mention greater independence. It’s a big deal and I’m proud to be a part of it.”Leslie Rowe, Marketing Writer
Working at Southeastern Guide Dogs
Our Culture of Respect
- Respect the individual and the organization.
- Treat team members, volunteers, donors, students, graduates and other key stakeholders with respect and dignity, regardless of status within the organization.
- Demonstrate the highest professional standards; engage in open, honest and fair conduct in all business relationships; and adhere to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Not discriminate based on race, color, creed, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, or other protected classes; and to immediately report incidents of discrimination to the Human Resources Department or the Chief Executive Officer.
- Not engage in unlawful harassment, including sexual, verbal, physical and visual harassment; and to immediately report incidents of discrimination to the Human Resources Department or the Chief Executive Officer.
- Abide by all safety rules and practices and to assume responsibility for taking the necessary precautions to protect ourselves and others; and to immediately report accidents and unsafe practices and conditions to the Human Resources Department or the Chief Executive Officer.
• Apply online. At Southeastern Guide Dogs, our employees must be adept at communicating in our digital environment. Therefore all applications must be submitted directly through our website. Applications or resumes submitted by other methods—fax, email, mail, or hand delivery—will not be considered at this time. Thank you.
• Please be patient. After applying for a posted position, please understand that we carefully review each candidate, and we will respond with a phone call or email once your application has been reviewed. We appreciate your patience as we are currently processing a high volume of applications, so please wait to hear from us. Due to the number of applications, we are not able to process or respond to follow-up phone calls or emails at this time.