Teens: Harness Your Future for a Life Unleashed
Guide dogs can help you get where you want to go—with confidence. Teens, do you want to learn more about having a guide dog? Invite your parents, pack your bags, and come to Guide Dog Camp for a fun, no-cost, hands-on learning experience for teens with vision loss.
During our two-day overnight camp, you’ll learn a lot about caring for a guide dog, working with a dog in harness, dog obedience, and more. Your parents will learn what a guide dog could mean for you, including the human/dog bond, financial expectations of long-term dog care, how to best support your decision, and more.
Beautiful, Private Accommodations
Guide Dog Camp takes place on our 33-acre campus in Palmetto, Florida, where you and your parents will stay separately in beautiful private rooms with your own bathroom, flat screen TV, Amazon Echo, and private patio. You’ll dine in our dining hall and enjoy chef-prepared meals.
Teens ages 14–17 who are:
• Legally blind or have a vision challenge leading to legal blindness
• Enrolled in or who have completed orientation and mobility (O&M) training
• Physically fit and capable of handling a 60–90 pound dog
• Maintaining passing school grades for the most recent school year
• Residents of the continental U.S.
Next Camp Dates
- Friday, March 6, 2020 to Saturday, March 7, 2020
Limited spaces are available. For more information about our Guide Dog Camp, please email Katie Perez or call 941.479.6598 to learn more.