What to expect when you’re expecting a service dog.
There’s just so much involved in preparing, training, and matching with a service dog that words can’t quite capture, so we’ve created an entire series of videos that show the experience from the day you set foot on campus to the day you head home with your new best friend. Check out the links below for a comprehensive video look at what it’s like to become a member of the Southeastern Guide Dogs family.
Service Dog Virtual Training Videos
These video resources offer detailed training modules presented by our certified service dog instructors. You’ll discover virtual tours, valuable tips, and important information about your journey toward becoming an accomplished handler and service dog team.
Alumni Benefits Program
At Southeastern Guide Dogs, we care deeply about creating successful teams and supporting our dogs and graduates. Our Alumni Support program includes:
- In-home visits by certified instructors
- Telephone support and troubleshooting
- Premium dog food, sponsored by Fromm Family Pet Foods — Watch this video for more about our partnership
- Trifexis preventatives, sponsored by Elanco
- Annual veterinarian visits and vaccinations, sponsored by donors and select Veterinary Partners
- Support during transitions to a successor dog
- Annual alumni reunion
- Alumni Facebook page / Note: This page is only for graduates, not accepted applicants.