Why choose us? In a word—excellence.
We believe our culture of excellence propels us to be our best so our graduates can be their best. Our students and alumni deserve our utmost efforts to change the world, one dog at a time.
We provide all of our dogs and services at no cost to recipients. World-class dogs, top training, comfortable accommodations, and generous alumni benefits are all a part of what makes Southeastern Guide Dogs the perfect choice for people from all over the United States.
Why choose us for a guide dog?
For people with vision loss, choosing a guide dog school is a life-altering decision. We want people to overcome fear, realize what’s possible, and imagine a beautiful dog with a wagging tail guiding them to independence.
Why choose us for a service dog?
For veterans with PTSD and other disabilities seeking a solution to the challenges they face, the decision to apply for a service dog can be a tough one. But deciding where to apply to get one shouldn’t be.
To get the best, select the best.
We provide our students with world-class dogs, top training, and beautiful, comfortable accommodations—all at no cost to recipients. We operate the most advanced training facilities of any service dog organization in the world and offer the most robust alumni support program in North America.
We create elite working dogs and provide life-changing services for people with vision loss, veterans with disabilities, and children with significant challenges such as vision loss or the loss of a parent in the military. Because of our deep and heartfelt commitment to our students and alumni, our vision is to be the best service dog school in the world. And we’re working hard to create the best dogs in the world—just for you.
This is what you can expect when you choose Southeastern Guide Dogs for your guide or service dog:
- Our cutting-edge genetics and reproduction practices create healthier, smarter dogs with hearts of gold.
- Our innovative early education and puppy-raising protocols create dogs that love people and love to learn.
- Our pioneering training practices, certified by the two most prestigious international accreditation bodies, create focused, highly-trained, well-behaved dogs that are ready to work.
- Our culture is one of excellence, caring, and kindness, and we treat our students with respect and friendliness.
- Our Student Center and its private rooms, personal terraces, and beautiful, comfortable accommodations create a warm and welcoming environment to live and learn. Our students rave about our chefs’ cooking, too.
- Our alumni support program is second to none. For our active guide and service dogs, we offer phone support, in-home follow-up from instructors, as well as dog food, monthly preventatives, and annual veterinary visits—all at no cost to our alumni.
Ready to take the next step toward a richer life with a hero from Southeastern Guide Dogs?
“The facility is out of this world. Everyone—the staff, the volunteers—is friendly and helpful. It’s a first-class place.”
— Bob Volkerding with Guide Dog Flo | Eaton, Ohio & Bradenton, Florida